Sunday, December 26, 2010

Trees and Things...

Not too much going on work wise right now. I recently worked on the Holidayland show over at The Compound Gallery for my second year. The turn out was amazing and a great time was to be had (a giant squirrel was lurking around taking photos - my kind of action).

I mostly did hand sewn felt work for the show, Whales and a Giant Squid. I also made a few prints of Jellyfish, Squids and an Octopus. The show has ended but my work is still there in the Professor Squirrel shop. If you are local to the Bay Area I highly recommend heading on over there. The regular stock in the shop is always great and reasonably priced.


Hand Sewn Felt Whales
Holidayland 2010
Compound Gallery
Oakland, CA


Octopus Print
Holidayland 2010
Compound Gallery
Oakland, CA


Jellyfish Print
Holidayland 2010
Compound Gallery
Oakland, CA


And in other art, I have not had a chance to do much painting this year, but I have been hauling my laptop with me to work every day to work on some digital pieces during lunch. This is the first one I have finished and I am currently working on others (to be posted later).



"Tea & Trees"
Illustrator
2010




© laura borchert 2010

2 comments: