Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Digital Meets Traditional

I have 3 new pieces to share this week. I have decided to keep switching between digital and traditional - as I am starting to really like working digitally. Plus I have a lot of drawings laying around that are not ever going to be paintings, so they can go on as digital pieces.


"Right At The Top"
Illustrator

"Bogë"
Acrylic on Paper

"Nautical Nautilus"
Acrylic on Paper

That's it for new pieces, but I am working on 3 more small traditional pieces and a seemingly endless amount of digital pieces.

In other news (although not related to me), if you are finding yourself in the Bay Area this weekend, please come and check out Rob Sato's solo show at Giant Robot. He is a friend of a friend, and I had the chance to catch his last trio show at Giant Robot some time back and was impressed then. Just by the look of this single image flier for the new show, it looks like it is going to be amazing. His pieces are on the large side and remind me of Hieronymus Bosch in the way that there is so much going on, you'll find something new every time you look at the same piece.

The show opens this Saturday, the 13th of February from 6.30 - 10pm and runs until the 9th of March. Giant Robot's full gallery information and address can be found on the link I posted - hope to see some of you there.



© laura borchert 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment