Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Opening

My solo show opening on Friday went REALLY well. There was a huge turn out and I met and talked with a lot of really cool people from all over the Bay Area (and I even met some Detroiter's - go figure).

I want to thank everyone who did turn out, it was extremely hot in the gallery and everyone was my hero for staying in my gallery room for longer than 5 minutes.

Me with my art.



Me and my CCS crew/husband/cousin


If you live in the Bay Area and missed the opening, the show runs until October 4th at Eclectix gallery.

In the mean time, I have been asked by my curator friend, Andrew Davis, to make new art for the third installment of his amazing skate deck show, Good Wood. This year, it is happening in Philadelphia at Slingluff Gallery (formerly Studio 2728) on October 17th.

The show is benefiting Stay True, a great organization inspired by young students in Philly who, despite their environments, have decided to dedicate their lives to helping others.

If you live in the Philadelphia area, please check out this great show for a great cause. Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance, maybe one day Good Wood will make it's way to San Francisco.

2 comments:

  1. You know whats weird about that, is I went to high school with Phil!! When i saw him at your show I was surprised!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the gallery show. Stumbled across this site - glad i did, I like the art!!

    ReplyDelete