Thursday, April 2, 2009

This is Old Art, I know, I know...

For anyone who has been following my art or the art antics of Andrew Daivs for the past 2 years, this piece of art is old news. However, I noticed it somehow slipped by me and never made it to this blog, and it is one of my favorite pieces.

"Mervyn"
Acrylic on Skate Deck
Click to Enlarge
Link
Made for the "Good Wood" skate deck art show series, this was my contribution. It was awesome for Andrew to have asked me to participate in this very cool show which debuted at 555 Gallery in Detroit, and made its second appearance at 3rd Ward Gallery in Brooklyn. A very delayed thanks to all my friend and family who attended the opening in Detroit, I hear the show was awesome. And thanks to anyone who made the Brooklyn show, Andrew works hard to make cool stuff like this happen. Please make sure to keep up to date with what Andrew is doing, he is one of my favorite Michiganders...and so are you Amy, don't worry.


© laura borchert 2009

4 comments:

  1. how did you know i what i was thinking?!?!? dude you are creepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know your boddy
    see what i did there

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you make me feel warm inside and other places.... Those are some of the nicest things an artist/friend has said about me & I feel the love. I appreciate you appreciating me. Thank you for gettin' down with my antics. One love.

    ReplyDelete